COMMUNITY SUPPORT & IMPACT
These are just some of the accomplishments that The May Court Club of Oakville has accomplished in our 60 plus years of service to the Oakville & Halton community. We are proud of our past and look forward to the future yet to unfold.
- The Nearly New Shop opens! (1957)
- May Court awarded its first Educational Scholarship. Over $ 1.2 million dollars in Scholarships have been awarded since inception (1962)
- Oakville branch of the Canadian Arthritis & Rheumatism Society formed with a $5000 donation from May Court. (1962)
- The Oakville Adult Training Centre opened with financial and volunteer assistance from May Court. (1965)
- May Court established the first Day Care Centre in Oakville. “The May Court Day Nursery”. (1967)
- The May Court Club of Oakville’s Audio (1972) & Visual (1973) Screening Programs for pre-school children was initiated.
- Carey House, a home for physically challenged adults, opens with $75,000 seed monies from May Court. (1975)
- Our Puppeteer Program was born, educating children about water safety in conjunction with The Oakville Red Cross Society (1980)
- May Court initiates CPR Courses to the community. (1982)
- Our “Festival of Trees Fundraiser” raised over $250,000.00 for the VON Hospice Program in its 20 year run.
- May Court donates $20,000 to Halton Adolescent Support Services, helping to fund its 9-bedroom residence “Aberdeen House”. (1991)
- Our Lunch Box Program began providing nutritious snacks to two elementary schools in the Halton Region. Today the program now supports over 25 schools. (1991)
- May Court provided $50,000 seed funding to The Miriam Child and Family Group – for children infected & affected with HIV/AIDs and their families. (1995)
- May Court donates $50,000 to Home Suite Hope Shared Living Corporation to establish a transitional housing program. (2007)
- May Court donates $50, 000 to Home Suite Hope Shared Living Corporation to purchase a home for Oakville’s homeless. (2007)
- May Court donates $50,000 to Wellspring’s Paediatric Oncology Program. (2010)
- May Court donates $50,000 to Halton Down Syndrome Association. (2011)
- May Court donates $100,000 to for the Art Therapy Room at the new Wellspring Birmingham Gilgan House. (2011)
- May Court pledges $100,000 to the new Oakville Trafalgar Hospital in support of the mammography & child adolescent mental health units. (2015)