Consignment Policy & Pricing
Payment Policy – We are proud to announce that we offer more to the consignee than most consignment stores.
The Consignor will receive 50% of the selling price when sold within the 30-day consignment period.
All Consignors must sign an agreement policy. The May Court Nearly New Shop is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
General Consignment Policy Information – Please Read
- Upon inspection, items will be accepted and priced by Nearly New Shop staff with input from the consignee.
- Items are consigned for a 30-day time period. End date is printed on your ‘take in’ receipt. Make note of that date.
- Unsold items must be picked up by the consignee by the end date printed on your ‘take in’ receipt & checked out at the cash register. (30 days). No exceptions.
- Unsold items not picked up by the consignment end date becomes the property of The May Court Club of Oakville. Prices are reduced by 50%. Profits of sold items go to supported charities.
- Unsold items picked up at the end of one consignment period may not be re-consigned again for a period of 7 days. No exceptions.
- Items may be removed from the floor if they are found to be unacceptable at a later date. (sometimes our staff may miss stains, etc.) You will be notified by phone to pick up your item.
If you have any questions, please contact our May Court Nearly New Shop.
When can I bring items in to consign?
Anytime we are open. No appointments necessary! *If we are busy, we may limit the number of items to consign to 14. Customers are able to leave their items to consign at a later time by the store staff and pick up their receipt the next time they visit.
Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m..
Last Consignment Date: Approximately the 3rd week of May. This allows our consignors a full 30 days to sell their items. Please check our shop calendar for specific dates for the current year.
We Accept Donations!
We gladly accept donations any time. Please note that donations must follow the same requirements as consigned items. Please let us know if you wish to mark the profits of your donation to benefit one of the following options:
Requirements of Items to be Consigned or Donated:
Clothes must be currently fashionable, in current season, excellent condition, clean with no stains, rips, holes, or discolouration please. Zippers must work and all buttons attached.
Shoes will be accepted if in very good condition, clean soles, and free of any worn down areas.
Household Items must be in full working order. Manuals are always helpful.
Seasonal Merchandise – Here are some general guidelines on when to bring in your items.
Fall items accepted September and October
Winter items accepted November, December & January
Spring & Summer items accepted February, March, April, May
Books, Jewelry, General Décor & Household Items accepted September to June.
Furs: Nov. 1 to January Only
Prom Dresses: Typically March (please check with the store)
Please note that the staff may alert our consignors to restrictions based on inventory of certain item
Please Note That We Do Not Accept:
Under-Garments & Lingerie
Pajamas, Robes or Housecoats
Items valued at under $8.00 ea.
We thank you for supporting the May Court Nearly New Shop, where 100% of the net profits directly benefit the community.
Don’t Forget to Follow us on Facebook! /The May Court Club of Oakville