The May Court Club of Oakville has been providing funds to charitable organizations serving the Halton Region since 1956. We are proud of our participation to provide funds for start ups, capital campaigns, equipment, programs, and other important initiatives & causes. Many times, May Court was there from the start and over the years, we have given millions to the community. May Court generates funds through the profits of our volunteer run (May Court Nearly New Shop) and through May Court fundraisers.
Grants Committee Focus:
The May Court Club is a volunteer women’s organization that gives service to and raises funds for women, children and youth, seniors and individuals experiencing physical and mental health challenges in our community.
While our Grants Program will continue to focus on the community’s most vulnerable and support the key sectors of food insecurity, housing and shelter, physical and mental health, and arts and education, we will be more strategic in our giving.
Every year we will identify key sectors for each granting period which reflect the greatest need in our community. The determination of the sector will be based on the findings of an annual environmental scan that includes consultation with our community partners. As community needs change, the sector chosen will change.
The common thread that emerged from our research this year was that the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a serious toll on people’s mental health resulting in mental health and well-being the highest need area now. These needs will continue into the foreseeable future and there is an immediacy of need with the community and a lack of resources to fill the demand.
The area of focus for the 2021-2022 Grants Program will be Mental Health and Well-being.
- They must be a registered charity.
- They must have locations in or serve the communities of Halton region.
- They must serve those outlined in our mission statement.
- They must provide financial statements to demonstrate a need.
- They must demonstrate that they manage their finances responsibly.
- They must state what they want the funding for and give information to us that support their case.
- If they have received funding from us before, they must demonstrate that they have successfully applied the funding towards the objectives that they outlined.
- Be transparent about other funding sources.
- Demonstrate they acknowledge May Court Club Oakville as a supporter in their promotional material.
- Promote the May Court Nearly New Shop, our main source of funds, when possible.